It’s almost here! Art in August – an excuse for those of us who don’t think we’re very artistic but like the idea of nurturing our creative side to crack out the paints and pencils and spend some time doing art for art’s sake. We do this without apology or explanation. We do not listen to the voice that says we have more important things to do, we don’t deserve this time, and, what’s more, that picture looks like rubbish. We produce and we post!
If you’d like to join in, here’s what you have to do:
- Get creative (and don’t apologise about it)
- Take a photo of your creation (unless you’ve created a photograph, in which case you can skip this step)
- Post this photo on your blog
- Link back to this post and mention somewhere that you’re joining in Art in August
I will link to you in my blog as well. If you don’t have a blog, there are two ways you can join in:
- Post your work on the blog’s Facebook page
- Email the photo to me at laptopontheironingboard-AT-gmail.com (I’ve written it out that way to stop robots spamming me; when you email me, write it out the regular way)
- I will post it on my blog for you. You can even use a pseudonym, if you like…
I really should have put this post up months ago. I haven’t given you much notice, I’m afraid. But no fear – it seems to be the tradition for Art in August to post well into September and October!